IMG.gif

Kazakh NOC Hopes IPO Opens Doors

Copyright © 2022 Energy Intelligence Group All rights reserved. Unauthorized access or electronic forwarding, even for internal use, is prohibited.
ss778700608-companies-kazmunaigas

Kazakhstan’s national oil company, Kazmunaigas (KMG), is in the process of selling around 5% of its shares on the domestic market in a long-awaited initial public offering (IPO). Although the IPO, which will run until early December, is limited in its size and will prioritize Kazakh over foreign investors, it marks a milestone in KMG’s corporate history and could be followed up by a larger global offering next year if market conditions are deemed favourable. All the shares will be sold on the Astana and Almaty exchanges by Kazakh sovereign wealth fund Samruk Kazyna, which owns around 90% of KMG, with the remaining 10% held by the Central Bank. The IPO was supposed to happen several years ago but suffered repeated delays due to a combination of Covid-19 and jitters on financial markets. It is part of a wider government program to privatize the largest state companies, which includes gas transmission and marketing company Qazaqgas (formerly Kaztransgas) that was spun off from KMG last year and is now a fully owned subsidiary of Samruk-Kazyna. The first big state company to go for an IPO was uranium producer Kazatomprom, which raised around $3 billion when it sold 15% of its shares in late 2018.

Topic:
Company/Financials
Wanda Ad #2 (article footer)
#
How feasible are Abu Dhabi's plans to accelerate its oil production capacity expansion, and where will the output actually come from?
Wed, Nov 23, 2022
EU member states remain fiercely divided over a gas cap and advocates are holding up passage of other energy measures as leverage.
Thu, Nov 24, 2022
Amid sanctions, Russian companies’ earnings could start to weaken along with the final dividends for the year.
Wed, Nov 16, 2022