IMG.gif

Carbon-Free Terminal Eyed

Copyright © 2021 Energy Intelligence Group

In a bid to stave off complaints about pollution, NextDecade says its planned Rio Grande LNG terminal could be carbon-neutral using a combination of its production processes and other technology. NextDecade is developing the export project at the Port of Brownsville, Texas, one of three planned at the site. Green groups have argued that a cluster of industrial projects would create undue emissions and water contamination and harm local species. NextDecade said carbon capture and storage (CCS) is the most feasible technical solution for Rio Grande LNG. The company said that, in conjunction with its proprietary processes, could reduce the carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions by 90%. It is exploring options to address the remaining 10% of CO2e emissions (10%), making the facility carbon-neutral. NextDecade continues to work on commercial agreements needed to achieve a final investment decision in 2021.

Gas production in Oklahoma continues a steady decline from its 8 Bcf/d peak in 2019, but a reversal could be brewing.
Fri, Oct 15, 2021
As he looks to protect his right flank ahead of April's presidential election, French President Emmanuel Macron is dialing up support for new nuclear.
Fri, Oct 15, 2021